|3 Months Ended|
Mar. 31, 2020
|Stockholders' Equity||STOCKHOLDERS’ EQUITY
Class A Common Stock Repurchase Program
On November 8, 2019, the our Board of Directors approved a stock repurchase program authorizing up to $5.0 million in repurchases of the our outstanding shares of Class A common stock. Under the program, we may repurchase shares in accordance with all applicable securities laws and regulations, including Rule 10b-18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. We may periodically repurchase shares in open market transactions, directly or indirectly, in block purchases and in privately negotiated transactions or otherwise. The timing, pricing, and amount of any repurchases under the share repurchase program will be determined by management at its discretion based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, trading volume and market price of our Class A common stock, corporate considerations, our working capital and investment requirements, general market and economic conditions, and legal requirements. The share repurchase program does not obligate us to repurchase any common stock and may be modified, discontinued, or suspended at any time. Shares of Class A common stock repurchased under the program are subsequently retired. There were no share repurchases under the program during the three months ended March 31, 2020.
As discussed in “Note 1—Business Operations and Organization,” we consolidate the financial results of the Operating Company and report a non-controlling interest related to the Common Units held by non-controlling interest holders on our consolidated financial statements. As of March 31, 2020, we owned 24.5% of the economic interests in the Operating Company, with the remaining 75.5% of the economic interests owned by non-controlling interest holders. The non-controlling interests on the accompanying consolidated statements of operations and comprehensive loss represents the portion of the loss attributable to the economic interest in the Operating Company held by the non-controlling holders of Common Units calculated based on the weighted average non-controlling interests’ ownership during the periods presented.
Net Loss Per Share
Basic net loss per share of Class A common stock is computed by dividing net loss attributable to Greenlane by the weighted-average number of shares of Class A common stock outstanding during the period. Diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock is computed by dividing net loss attributable to Greenlane by the weighted-average number of shares of Class A common stock outstanding adjusted to give effect to potentially dilutive elements.
Prior to the amendment and restatement of the Operating Company’s LLC Agreement on April 17, 2019 in connection with the IPO, the Operating Company’s membership interests were defined solely as percentage interests as the LLC Agreement did not define a number of membership units outstanding or authorized. As a result, a calculation of basic and diluted earnings per unit for the three months ended March 31, 2019 was not presented in the accompanying condensed consolidated financial statements, as a denominator to the calculation could not be determined.
A reconciliation of the numerator and denominator used in the calculation of basic and diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock is as follows (in thousands):
For the three months ended March 31, 2020, 5,869,778 shares of Class B common stock, 77,791,218 shares of Class C common stock and 745,784 stock options were excluded from the weighted-average in the computation of diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock because the effect would have been anti-dilutive.
Shares of our Class B common stock and Class C common stock do not share in our earnings or losses and are therefore not participating securities. As such, separate calculations of basic and diluted net loss per share for each of our Class B common stock and Class C common stock under the two-class method have not been presented.
The entire disclosure for shareholders' equity comprised of portions attributable to the parent entity and noncontrolling interest, including other comprehensive income. Includes, but is not limited to, balances of common stock, preferred stock, additional paid-in capital, other capital and retained earnings, accumulated balance for each classification of other comprehensive income and amount of comprehensive income.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef