|9 Months Ended|
Sep. 30, 2019
|Noncontrolling Interest [Abstract]|
|Non-Controlling Interest||NON-CONTROLLING INTEREST
As discussed in “Note 1—Business Operations and Organization,” Greenlane consolidates the financial results of the Operating Company and reports a non-controlling interest related to the Common Units held by non-controlling interest holders on its consolidated financial statements.
As of September 30, 2019, Greenlane owned 23.9% of the economic interests in the Operating Company, with the remaining 76.1% of the economic interests owned by non-controlling interest holders. The non-controlling interests on the accompanying condensed consolidated statements of operations and comprehensive (loss) income represents the portion of the loss attributable to the economic interest in the Operating Company held by the non-controlling holders of Common Units calculated based on the weighted average non-controlling interests’ ownership during the periods presented.
The entire disclosure for noncontrolling interest in consolidated subsidiaries, which could include the name of the subsidiary, the ownership percentage held by the parent, the ownership percentage held by the noncontrolling owners, the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the location of this amount on the balance sheet (when not reported separately), an explanation of the increase or decrease in the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the noncontrolling interest share of the net Income or Loss of the subsidiary, the location of this amount on the income statement (when not reported separately), the nature of the noncontrolling interest such as background information and terms, the amount of the noncontrolling interest represented by preferred stock, a description of the preferred stock, and the dividend requirements of the preferred stock.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef