|6 Months Ended|
Jun. 30, 2021
|Stockholders' Equity||STOCKHOLDERS’ EQUITYClass A Common Stock Repurchase Program
In November 2019, our Board of Directors approved a stock repurchase program authorizing up to $5.0 million in repurchases of our outstanding shares of Class A common stock. Under the program, we may repurchase shares in accordance with all applicable securities laws and regulations, including Rule 10b-18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. We may periodically repurchase shares in open market transactions, directly or indirectly, in block purchases and in privately negotiated transactions or otherwise. The timing, pricing, and amount of any repurchases under the share repurchase program will be determined by management at its discretion based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, trading volume and market price of our Class A common stock, corporate considerations, our working capital and investment requirements, general market and economic conditions, and legal requirements. The share repurchase program does not obligate us to repurchase any common stock and may be modified, discontinued, or suspended at any time. Shares of Class A common stock repurchased under the program are subsequently retired. There were no share repurchases under the program during the three and six months ended June 30, 2021 or 2020.
As discussed in “Note 1—Business Operations and Organization,” we consolidate the financial results of the Operating Company in our condensed consolidated financial statements and report a non-controlling interest related to the Common Units held by non-controlling interest holders. As of June 30, 2021, we owned 39.6% of the economic interests in the Operating Company, with the remaining 60.4% of the economic interests owned by non-controlling interest holders. The non-controlling interest in the accompanying consolidated statements of operations and comprehensive loss represents the portion of the net loss attributable to the economic interest in the Operating Company held by the non-controlling holders of Common Units calculated based on the weighted average non-controlling interests’ ownership during the periods presented.
Net Loss Per Share
Basic net loss per share of Class A common stock is computed by dividing net loss attributable to Greenlane by the weighted-average number of shares of Class A common stock outstanding during the period. Diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock is computed by dividing net loss attributable to Greenlane by the weighted-average number of shares of Class A common stock outstanding adjusted to give effect to potentially dilutive elements.
A reconciliation of the numerator and denominator used in the calculation of basic and diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock is as follows (in thousands, except per share amounts):
For the three and six months ended June 30, 2021, 2,436,257 shares of Class B common stock, 70,301,343 shares of Class C common stock and 1,388,350 stock options to purchase Class A common stock were excluded from the weighted-average in the computation of diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock because the effect would have been anti-dilutive.
For the three and six months ended June 30, 2020, 3,724,329 shares of Class B common stock, 77,791,218 shares of Class C common stock and 1,078,154 stock options to purchase Class A common stock were excluded from the weighted-average in the computation of diluted net loss per share of Class A common stock because the effect would have been anti-dilutive.
Shares of our Class B common stock and Class C common stock do not share in our earnings or losses and are therefore not participating securities. As such, separate calculations of basic and diluted net loss per share for each of our Class B common stock and Class C common stock under the two-class method have not been presented.
The entire disclosure for shareholders' equity comprised of portions attributable to the parent entity and noncontrolling interest, including other comprehensive income. Includes, but is not limited to, balances of common stock, preferred stock, additional paid-in capital, other capital and retained earnings, accumulated balance for each classification of other comprehensive income and amount of comprehensive income.
Reference 1: http://www.xbrl.org/2003/role/disclosureRef